Saturday 14 April 2012

SILENT TEACHING:


I’d rather see one sermon a week, than to hear one a day;
I’d rather one to walk with me than merely show me the way;
The eye’s a better student, and more willing than the ear;
Fine counsel is confusing, but example’s always clear.

Best of all the preachers are those who lived their creeds;
For to see good put into action, that is what everybody needs.
I soon can learn to do it, if you’ll let me see it done;
I can see your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run.

The lectures you deliver may be very fine and true,
But I’d rather get my lesson by observing what you do.
For I may misunderstand you and the high advice you give,
But there’s no misunderstanding how you act and how you live!
Author Unknown.

“Much wisdom often goes with fewer words.” – Sophocles.

“When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.” – Earl Nightingale.

“It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how others stumble or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, whose faces are marred by dust and sweat and blood.”
– Theodore Roosevelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment